Photos

Photos

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Faithfulness of God

Last night i had a lesson about Faithfulness of God. Wanted to blog in down to share with everyone what i had learn from that lesson, a lesson that changes a bit of how i view faithfulness.

Initially i always thought that to be faithful is to do everything that i was told to do and to do them to the best of ability that i know of. But later i realised recently only, that faithfulness is not just about doing, actually it is not about the doing part but more about our heart.

The next thing that challenge me before the lesson about faithfulness is how faithful am i towards the Word of God. Did i faithful enough to God to allow His words to change my heart, my perspective, my everything? Or did i just stored it in my memory? If i will to be faithful, i should be first be faithful unto the Word of God, allowing it to change my heart, action, perspective and everything. Then the next thing come to my mind is that, i'm not able to do that knowing that i'm a sinful man.

After that lesson, i had a new perspective of faithfulness. Without looking at the notes that i had written but based on what is in my heart or my growing conviction about faithfulness. I know that i can be faithful to God because He is the first one who is faithful to us. He is the first one who initiated His love and faithfulness to us, not the other way round. Most of the time i'm the one who unfaithful to Him and fail to realised His unfailing love and faithfulness who is always there for me, if i'm willing to turn back from my ways and to follow Him.

To Him be glorified in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

No comments: